Facilitating Group Discussion
The following resources from Smallgroups.com, an offering of Christianity Today, offer excellent suggestions for how to foster dynamic group discussions.
- Tips for facilitating a group discussion
- The basics of facilitating
- Help! My small group has been hijacked!
Session 1: Baptism
- Book, Bath, Table and Time: Christian Worship as Source and Resource for Youth Ministry, by Fred P. Edie
- Temptations and triumphs of ministry, by Kenneth Carder
- A spiritual life, by Allan Hugh Cole Jr.
Session 2: Discipleship
- A pilgrim people following a living God, by Michael Jinkins
- Power for good, by Mary Alice Casey
- The Evangelistic Love of God and Neighbor: A Theology of Witness and Discipleship, by Scott C. Jones
- The end, by L. Gregory Jones
- Rock solid, by Sally Hicks
Session 3: Sacred Bundle
- Traditioned innovation: A biblical way of thinking, by C. Kavin Rowe
- Making Room: Recovering Hospitality as a Christian Tradition, by Christine D. Pohl
Session 4: Truthful Naming
- Circle Manners
- Reconciling All Things: A Christian vision for Justice, Peace and Healing, by Emmanuel Katongole and Chris Rice
- The tie that binds, by Jeremy Troxler
- Love made me an inventor, featuring Maggy Barankitse
Session 5: Stewardship of the Pastor
- Center for Congregations
- Making transitions, by Bob Wells
- Leading the follower, by Bob Wells
- Living prayer and leadership, an interview with Sarah Coakley
- Expectations of Pastoral Leadership: A Reference Guide for Pastors and Staff/Pastor-Parish Relations Committees. Produced by the Illinois Great Rivers Conference.
Session 6: Covenant for Ministry
- Watching Over One Another in Love: A Wesleyan Model for Ministry Assessment, by Gwen Purushotham